Account Manager - Mass Transit
1780 Pond Run Auburn Hills, MI 48326
- Assesses and determines customer needs and how they can be best meet relative to our client and their customers.
- Develops and recommends programs or projects directed at maintaining and increasing sales or overcoming customer objections to current products.
- Recommends, develops and implements programs and projects directed at recovering, maintaining or increasing profitability.
- Acts as liaison between our client and customers and maintains on-going, open communications at all times.
- Recommends, develops and implements programs and projects that utilize corporate strengths in design and manufacturing.
- Solicits, records and administers customer purchase orders, tooling orders and sample data.
- Prepares data, information, forecasts or surveys that report, justify or analyze current and future positions or plans.
- Prepares sales reports for current business.
- Prepares sales estimates for short- and long-range factors impacting company plans, projects, goals and projections.
- Participates in the development of sales projections, market potentials and trends.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be well organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of management principles learned through experience and/or specific training
- Substantial understanding of scientific principles to interpret, modify or develop standards
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor' s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience in Account Manager or Business Development role
- Must have experience with any of the following bus & rail customers: Bluebird, Bombardier, Gillig, Eldorado, MCI, Alexander Dennis