1780 Pond Run Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Responsible for the selection of reliable sources, commercially viable total acquisition costs sources of supply. The lead commodity specialist will also manage the approval of related purchase orders and lead on-going supervision of quality, price, delivery and service. The ideal candidate for the lead commodity specialist position will be able to develop commodity strategy in line with the Company’ s business goals and objectives as well as have experience purchasing fasteners, machined components, and aluminum exterior.
- Defines and implements the commodity strategy, plans and projects as approved by the Purchasing Management.
- Investigates and establishes a preferred supplier list that meets the Company’ s requirements globally and is aligned to the eRFQ and QA management tools.
- Defines contracts, terms and conditions with suppliers in accordance with Company’ s standards.
- Rationalizes the Company' s supplier base and develops key suppliers to meet the Commodity’ s strategic objectives, including source change management.
- Conducts market testing of specified commodities on an annual basis to ensure competitive sourcing.
- Supports the use of the appropriate company and customer procedures.
- Ensures that all statutory regulations specific to Health & Safety and Environment standards are adhered to; as well as the Company’ s Sustainable Development program.
- Evaluates active supply base vendors on a scheduled basis to provide feedback and determine where corrective actions are required.
- Establishes LTA agreements on a global basis and supports Commodity Buyers for regional agreements.
- Reviews and investigates emerging markets to identify and deliver a new potential supplier base.
- Demonstrates through leadership, commitment to the principle of “ Lean”.
- Supervises, leads, evaluates, and develops departmental personnel to work in a team based, continuous improvement environment.
- Education - Bachelor' s Degree or Purchasing degree (CIPS);
- Experience - Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience. Additional education can be substituted for experience and vice versa.
- Experience with the commodities: Aluminum and Glass
- Experience with Quality PPAP, supplier audits, TS Standards
- Direct Production Purchasing experience required in Tier 1 or OEM
- Proven Negotiation skills and experience in creating purchasing strategies.
- Experience in Automotive is mandatory
- Experience in supply chain or purchasing is required
- Good working knowledge of procedures, operating methods and managerial practices or a combination of education and experience that develops technical skills to perform routine assignments with proficiency
- Continuous Improvement Team involvement
- Knowledge of statutory regulations concerning health, safety and environmental standards
- Strong project and program management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong oral, written and intercommunication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Travel required (some international)
Find out more about blueStone Recruiting at: https://bluestonerecruiting.com.