Continuous Improvement Manager
3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Mason, MI 48084
Position is the focal point of the Continuous Improvement function for our client, relative to the development and implementation of our client’ s production system at all site locations. Develops, Leads and trains in the GPS manufacturing system working with management and other C.I. Leaders to implement lean strategies and deploy corporate objectives.
- Lead in Developing and implementing the Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing infrastructure supporting change at the plant locations using GPS.
- Assist in identifying and implementing strategies for improvements in safety, quality, cost and productivity.
- Teach the principles of the GPS system, kaizen activities, and strategy deployment.
- Assist in the development of the Productivity Roadmap process, and verify its accuracy at all locations.
- Track and publish accurate open capacity analysis for all key manufacturing equipment within North America.
- Develop and propose plant layout models using sound industrial engineering and flow concepts.
- Facilitates and Evaluates all Continuous Improvement programs and activities at each plant ensuring that events, milestones and deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Assists with cost/benefit analysis of continuous improvement proposals and prioritizes activities.
- Maximizes efficiencies using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Strive to eliminate waste in our manufacturing, launch and related processes.
- Meet annual goals and objectives as agreed to with the Director of Operations.
- Must be responsive to customer needs and expectations.
- Function within established corporate procedures.
- Follow up to determine the effectiveness of any new methods introduced
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
- Understand and follow all required GPS standards.
- Any task deemed necessary by Management.
- 3-5 years manufacturing engineering experience, with emphasis on metal stamping and assembly. (Preferably automotive related).
- Metal stamping and assembly process design and build experience (preferred).
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferably Industrial Engineering.
- Must have experience with the development of technology for manufacturing, and the application of technology on the shop floor.