Director, Data Science
1 Lands' End Lane Madison, Wisconsin 53595
Our client, a $MM global leader in the retail vertical, is seeking your expertise as a Director, Data Science, to leverage data to drive tangible growth in a large ecommerce organization. This is a hands-on leadership role, building and leading a team of data scientists and data engineers to leverage r significant data resources to enable fact-based decisions across the enterprise.
- Lead geographically-diverse team of data scientists and engineers, establishing a non-hierarchical organization where all are encouraged to speak and the best idea wins
- Sit on the analytics leadership team and have primary responsibility to evangelize data science approaches to solving problems across the organization for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Champion migration to an AWS cloud-based analytic platform and evangelize the use of open source tools and technologies
- Develop and implement predictive models, segmentation strategies, optimization algorithms, and data mining analyses across a wide range of sponsors and business challenges
- 7+ years in a quantitative business with at least 3 years as a team leader / manager; experience with an organization that has a significant on-line presence
- Proven track record leading large-scale/ complex analytics projects with demonstrated financial benefits
- Significant training in advanced statistics; graduate degree in a quantitative field (statistics, data science, computer science, etc.) strongly desired
- Expert knowledge of R and/or Python (ideally both); deep knowledge of analytic packages available for above languages
- Capable of using machine learning techniques (Neural Networks, Naï ve Bayes Classifiers, Support Vector Machines, Decision Trees, etc.) to drive financial returns
- Strong data munging and software engineering skills (Spark, SQL/NoSQL, etc.)
If you are looking for your next career move, then contact me at 847-440-2451 or email me at email@example.com.