Electrical Systems Engineer
1780 Pond Run Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their growing organization.
- Primary Customer Engineering Contact
- The design and development of new and current products.
- Obtain, Analyze and cascade customer engineering requirements
- Development and maintain the System DFMEA.
- All system design analysis activities associated with the development of a new system, i.e. design stacks / analytical studies, CAE analysis, etc.
- Ensure system designs comply with all established Foundation Documents.
- Coordinate development of the System level DVP&R; ensure it is complete, accurate, and satisfies customer requirements; Support DVP&R testing.
- Based on lessons learned, new technology, etc., recommend updates/changes/improvements to established Foundation Documents.
- Identified and cascading the required design stacks and design analysis to the product engineer.
- Support all product prototypes build activities.
- Support program management with technical discussion in customer meetings.
- Conduct product design reviews.
- Support product engineering in analyzing failure modes and develop corrective actions to new and current products.
- Support process engineering and quality with internal and external tool and equipment run-offs, as necessary.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Complete all system engineering deliverables in support of the DURA APQP system.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in automotive exterior trim engineering
- Strong Leadership skills – External (Customer) and Internal.
- Team oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer communication skills
- Strong skills in engineering of plastic injection molded parts
- Strong skills in engineering of extruded aluminum and plastic parts
- Working knowledge of plastic exterior trim design requirements and manufacturing processes
- Good mechanical aptitude, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience with analytical methods of design such as DFSS
- Skills in Catia V5 and/or UG NX5.0+ considered and asset but not required
Find out more about blueStone Recruiting at: https://bluestonerecruiting.com.