Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Presses or Assembly
3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Mason, MI 48084
The Engineering and Maintenance Manager is responsible to lead, manage, and drive all activities of personnel engaged in engineering and maintenance/ repair activities to meet productivity, quality, financial, and safety targets. Serves as a member of Management and works collaboratively with the Management team to achieve business objectives.
- Direct and supervise all engineering projects and the work assignments of engineering and maintenance department responsible for engineering activities for hot stamping, blanking, shot blasting, laser cutting and various secondary processes; and/or assembly maintenance and engineering, including controls, robotics, and lasers.
- Assigns appropriate level of responsibilities for both the repair and the maintenance of facility support and production equipment.
- Focuses on understanding customers objectives, determining " best practice" manufacturing and feasibility, estimating/quoting activities within corporate objectives, identify equipment needs to senior management.
- Provide management and support over program management; pre-production and SOP, oversee effective implementation of engineering changes while ensuring financial P/L over all tooling, changes, as well as verification quoted standard is being achieved.
- Continually improve procedures and equipment for safety, quality, and productivity. Drive reductions/elimination of non-value added activities, scrap, and other wastes using the formal tools of Lean and CI.
- Participates in the creation and support of systems, designs, documentation and actions to assure conformance to our client’ s safety requirements, Quality Systems (IATF).
- Some travel can be expected
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering (or similar) is required. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Automotive background with history at OEM or Tiers is required (domestic and/or transplants).
- Experience in other manufacturing disciplines preferred (ie. MFG operations, Materials, Quality)
- Deep knowledge hot stamping, sheet metal, tool and die, robotic welding, material handling, laser cutting,
shot blasting and furnaces, and the like.
- Management experience required.
- Launch and quoting experience.
- Steady career progression and stable job history
- Must be an effective communicator, manager and decision maker.
- Attention to detail
- Approachable, cooperative; dependable; friendly, even-tempered and helpful to others
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and circumstances; adaptability, and with an ability to recover from, or adjust to, setbacks, positively.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation, focus, and initiative; focused on getting the job done.
- Ability to interact with customers and suppliers (internal and external)