3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Chattanooga, TN 37421
Manages work assignments in staffing, scheduling, coordinating and planning personnel engaged in manufacturing engineering activities for stamping, assembly, tool & die, program management and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for Die Maintenance, Engineering Change Management, CIP, Plant Engineering, Plant Layout, Weld Integrity Process and Capitol Panning
- Plans and establishes engineering schedules and follows up performance against estimates;
- Supervises assembly of cost control and statistical data;
- Recommends new policies or procedures as necessary;
- Approves process specification and design standards;
- Prepares and controls departmental annual budget;
- Directly supervises engineers. Carries out supervisory, coaching and audit responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems;
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions. Performs root cause analysis and creates permanent corrective action.
- All other duties deemed necessary.
- Bachelor' s degree (B.S.) in Engineering discipline with MS or MBA preferred. 10 years Manufacturing Engineering Management experience in automotive stamping and assembly operations highly preferred. Tier 1 automotive experience essential;
- Manufacturing Engineering management experience in stamping, sheet metal, tool and die, robotic welding, and material handling highly preferred;
- Significant program launch and quoting experience
- Steady career progression at a leading manufacturing company demonstrating stable job history;
- Experience in other manufacturing disciplines preferred (ie. MFG operations, Materials, Quality, OEM experience (both domestic and transplants);
- Maintenance management experience in an automated environment;
- Significant exposure to Lean Manufacturing techniques.