Global Plastics Commodity Quality Manager
39675 MacKenzie Drive Novi, MI 48377
The Global Plastics Commodity Quality Manager (GCQM) will possess profound commodity specific knowledge (both technical and quality methodology) to provide guidance, prioritization and commodity specific training to regional CQM team members. The GCQM will work closely with Global Commodity Strategy managers on strategy, supplier qualification and assessments. The GCQM will assist and provide support on APQP activity, as well as monitoring and managing overall supplier performance; leading / supporting supplier improvement programs globally.
- Ability to develop supplier development strategies and improvement plans, using available supplier performance data, as well as current and future business requirements.
- Ability to review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities to ensure zero defect performance.
- Ability to manage supplier assessments and supplier actions plans
- Knowledge and experience with auditing to the TS-16949 and/or ISO-9000 quality standards
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability and experience diagnosing process strengths and weaknesses to ensure zero defect performance
- Ability to support strategic supply decisions (risk analyses, SWOT, Project planning, gap analyses, etc.)
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Collaborative skills to assist Engineering, Commodity Leaders and Suppliers in support of new supplier launches
- Ability to drive continuous improvement within the overall supply base and with any single supplier or commodity
- Experience with many key manufacturing processes utilized within our client' s Control Devices supply base
- BA/BS Degree
- Requires a minimum of 3 years related work experience in automotive manufacturing, supplier quality or engineering
- Strong analytical and PC skills are essential.
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Relationship management
- Creative thinker
- Customer service orientation
- Adapts verbal/written communication style to have the greatest impact on a given audience
- Change-agent with a good knowledge of organizational development