Morton Grove, IL
The Indirect Buyer is responsible for the purchase of Indirect products and services to support a manufacturing facility’ s operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to creating Purchase Orders, evaluating and adding new suppliers, managing several tactical categories and supporting Category Buyers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Review and process requisitions.
- Prepare purchase orders or bid requests for a wide variety of materials/services.
- Perform cost/price analyses for a wide variety of categories.
- Seek out cost savings projects within the manufacturing site.
- Manage local sourcing strategy to align with regional/global strategy for assigned categories.
- Interview potential or current suppliers.
- Assist Category Buyers with projects involving sourcing new Suppliers, bidding Indirect products and services, performing spreadsheet analysis.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and return of goods.
- Negotiate cost savings when reviewing/processing routine requisitions.
- Negotiate cost savings for assigned categories.
- Negotiate Payment Terms and perform precursory basic legal review of proposals and agreements referenced in requisitions.
- Understand cost drivers for assigned categories.
- Communicate across different functions to coordinate projects or resolve issues.
- Train Requisitioner' s (internal co-workers) and Buyers on New Supplier Set-Up and procurement process.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, procurement or supply chain preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an Indirect Category Coordinator or Tactical Buyer working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP, E-Procurement and Internet search engines.
- Intermediate skill level with Excel and Word required.
- Very organized and conscientious, with strong attention to detail and the ability to set up systems and processes to manage projects.
- Experience managing a range of external providers to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery.
- The ability to work under pressure, priorities, respond quickly to changing requirements and meet tight deadlines.
- Pro-active and happy to take the initiative, as well as being a strong team player.
- Comfortable working in an organization during a period of significant change.
- Proven organizational communication, problem solving, and research abilities.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of contract fundamentals, ability to effectively understand/negotiate contract terms.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company’ s goals
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company’ s environmental performance goals
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop, warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues