Morton Grove, IL
The Indirect/Direct Buyer is responsible for the purchase of Indirect products and services to support a manufacturing facility’ s operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to creating Purchase Orders, evaluating and adding new suppliers, managing several tactical categories and supporting Category Buyers.
- Review and process requisitions.
- Prepare purchase orders or bid requests for a wide variety of materials/services.
- Perform cost/price analyses for a wide variety of categories.
- Seek out cost savings projects within the manufacturing site.
- Manage local sourcing strategy to align with regional/global strategy for assigned categories.
- Interview potential or current suppliers.
- Assist Category Buyers with projects involving sourcing new Suppliers, bidding Indirect products and services, performing spreadsheet analysis.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and return of goods.
- Negotiate cost savings when reviewing/processing routine requisitions.
- Negotiate cost savings for assigned categories.
- Negotiate Payment Terms and perform precursory basic legal review of proposals and agreements referenced in requisitions.
- Understand cost drivers for assigned categories.
- Communicate across different functions to coordinate projects or resolve issues.
- Train Requisitioner' s (internal co-workers) and Buyers on New Supplier Set-Up and procurement process.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company’ s goals
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company’ s environmental performance goals
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements
- 92A Automated Logistical Specialist
- 92Y Unit Supply Specialist