3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Union, SC 48084
The Material Planning & Logistics Manager is responsible for all aspects of customer service, material planning, production scheduling, receiving, shipping, material handling, inventory management and inventory control.
The MP&L Manager leads, directs, and mentors the facility MP&L Team including Schedulers, Buyers, and Materials Team Members. This position defines the local MP&L strategy according to and aligned with the plant leadership & Gestamp US Region MP&L objectives, optimizes material planning and logistics processes and systems to achieve lowest total cost and highly reliable delivery. The MP&L Manager develops & drives operational excellence through people & process-oriented leadership supported by lean logistics concepts.
Administrates and communicates customer demand to assure delivery of product to the customer at the right time, in the right quantity and in the right quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, control and direct the operations, activities and personnel engaged in customer service, material planning, production scheduling, receiving, shipping, material handling, inventory management and inventory control.
- Develop, implement and manage policies and procedures necessary to ensure effective execution of material planning and logistics functions including customer service, material planning, production scheduling, receiving, shipping, material handling, inventory management and inventory control. Ensure that policies and procedures for MP&L are in accordance to IATF.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy through appropriate inventory management methods such as inventory cycle counts, inventory control systems and corrective actions.
- Gather and analyze customer demand on daily, weekly and monthly basis and provide short & midterm production volume planning/forecast to Plant management team and support S&OP.
- Create and monitor a single-point production schedule for all assets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Generate and communicate to all operations areas a production plan per line based on customer demand and on hand inventory. Monitor & report daily production schedule attainment.
- Assure vendor material releases are timely and accurate and in compliance to inventory goals.
- Improve in-plant material handling and storage systems.
- Implement, maintain, enhance and ensure the use of ERP (SAP) system.
- Manage all material & logistics related aspects of new product launches and engineering changes.
- Participate in maintenance planning for PMs and various maintenance needed on all assets.
- Responsible for updating information on customer portals and to ensure that all customer logistics standards and/or requirements are met.
- Manage customer expectations by constantly monitoring delivery performance and by responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Ensure orders for Service Parts are met by follow up on requirements, scheduling production, and shipment to the customer.
- Lead and/or support cross-functional continuous improvement activities such as 5s, Kaizen, material flow, SMED, etc.
- Understand and comply with all OSHA, Safety and PPE Requirements.
- Responsible for departmental budgeting
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS (MA preferred) Degree in business, supply chain management or other related discipline
- 7+ years’ experience in supply chain, materials management, production control, production scheduling and procurement
- 3+ years’ experience directly managing material control activities incl. exempt and non-exempt team members in a manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated experience managing Supply Chain team members including initial hiring, skills assessment, performance management, career development, mentoring and coaching required
- Lean Manufacturing methodologies (Pull system, JIT, SMED, Standardized Work etc.)
- APICS Certification a plus (i.e.: CSCP, CPIM etc.)
- ERP (SAP) and MRP experience required; Implementation & optimization experience a plus.
- Experience working within automotive component stamping, welding, and paint manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Experience working with automotive OEMs
- Familiar with automotive standards i.e. AIAG, VDA, MMOG/LE, Odette
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate in group settings
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS office suite, ERP system, web based tools)
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Positively motivating communication/people skills
- High level of analytical ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative course of action for definition and resolution of issues, with a demonstrated ability to investigate problems, applying sound technical knowledge to conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Willingness to travel, valid driver’ s license and passport required
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment
- Work a flexible schedule
- Critical thinking
- Handle the stress of a fast-paced environment and if required work a flexible schedule