1780 Pond Run Auburn Hills, MI 48326
The Project Buyer is responsible for program launches within the assigned product-line. A primary responsibility of this position is to ensure on-time launch for programs and delivery at or below target cost for piece price, tooling, etc. as well as work effectively with the project team to meet targets for quality, delivery and other cost areas.
Project Buyer will manage purchasing activities for purchase components and material as a key member of the Project Cross Functional Team. They will manage and effectively communicate timelines for all purchasing activities to meet project milestones and Purchasing deliverables. They act as functional lead supporting a structured project development process, working in close collaboration with commodity buyers.
Core responsibilities include:
- Represents Global Purchasing organization in the cross functional team up to 90 after SOP
- Communicate pursuit programs and component requirements to the commodity buyers in order to obtain detail on all purchased components
- Support the business segments and cross functional team on business pursuits for all purchased components
- Coordinate with commodity buyers, the source selection and kick off purchased component to meet or exceed the awarded program cost, quality and delivery
- Supporting cross functional team initiatives around lead time reduction and cost improvements. Develop recovery plans for components not meet deliverables.
- Ensure all purchased components meets all purchasing budget milestones and completion of purchased component APQP
- Communicates supplier risks in regards to the launch of a program to cross functional team
- Maintain relevant Purchasing reports as required for management review. Regular feedback to management will be required as to the status of each project using our client' s standard reports.
- Continuous interaction with the wider purchasing community to ensure purchasing strategy is being executed.
- Supports ensuring that all statutory regulations concerning health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to; as well as the company sustainable development program.
- Demonstrates commitment to the principal of continuous improvement.
- Assist in special assignments
- Experience in automotive supply chain or purchasing is desired
- Good working knowledge of procedures, operating methods and supervisory practice or education that develops knowledge of a technical area.
- Understanding of APQP procedures and requirements
- Strong cost management skills
- Knowledge of statutory regulations concerning health, safety and environmental standards
- Continuous Improvement Team involvement
- Strong project and program management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong oral, written and intercommunication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business or Supply Chain from four-year college or university
- Minimum of four years' experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in supply chain or purchasing is mandatory
- Able to work within a project team environment
- Proficient knowledge of Global OEM Automotive procedures, operating methods and managerial practices including technical skills to insure compliances with level 3 PPAP, DFEAM’ S & Product Validation, AIAG packaging standards and APQP Process, TS 16949, VDA 6.6, IATF 16949: 2016