Purchasing & Logistics Manager
2800 High Meadow Circle Auburn Hills, MI 48326
The Logistics Purchasing Manager is responsible to coach and lead the purchasing team to develop and implement freight strategies and define KPI’ s that drive the business. Manager will work with 3PL and/or internal resources to manage and optimize commercial aspects of the business. Duties will also include identifying and executing strategic projects to deliver or exceed financial objectives.
- Oversee contractual agreements for: 3PL’ s including logistics and warehousing agreements, domestic trucking, international trucking and overseas ocean freight as well as premium, small pack.
- Review and approve purchase orders within delegation of authority responsibility
- Oversight of the preparation and deployment of overall freight strategies
- Support meeting delivery of purchasing budget related to logistics, work with team to ensure suppliers are updating forecast and reporting monthly savings activities
- Monitor, assess, and provide feedback to Buyers to ensure continued professional development of team
- Lead strategic supplier management reviews
- Identify and lead departmental process improvement initiatives
- Other duties and specific projects as identified to support commercial and supplier optimization as well as support internal stakeholders
- Lead monthly Purchasing performance review with internal stakeholders in cross functional/cross regional teams
- Monitor strategic supplier KPI’ s; facilitate and lead performance improvement action plans
- Act as interface between Operations or Customer Business Unit.
- Investigate commodity/supplier benchmarks, follow market trends for logistics, rate fluctuations, supply/demand
- Present information with a factual basis approach utilizing data driven analysis to communicate proposals
- Experience managing to a budget
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field
- 7+ years working in purchasing or sales capacity in a 3PL relationship (buying/selling) in automotive or retail environment
- Knowledge of logistics field for NA, ie. Customs, import/export regulations, HTC codes, etc.
- 2+ years management
- Working with teams across functions and regions