201 Mittel Dr. Darien, WI 60191
The Purchasing Manager coordinates the integrated long-term and tactical process of supply management activities including part ordering, inventory control, supplier performance, and supplier selection. The Purchasing Manager will manage 1-2 direct supply chain heads. Work involves partnering with suppliers, engineering, materials management, and quality which results in the successful movement of product from suppliers to our customers.
- Perform and manage all supply chain related activities ensuring uninterrupted and cost effective supply of products and components while supporting the attainment of short and long term strategic supply chain goals. This includes ordering and expediting components to the line.
- Implement centralized Power Solutions International (PSI) sourcing strategies to ensure worldwide supplier quality, delivery, lead time, inventory and cost performance goals are met.
- Support specific projects/initiatives aimed at improving Supply Chain costs and actively cultivate strong relationships with internal groups, manufacturers, and suppliers to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Work with Global Quality Team to solve worldwide supplier quality problems and improve worldwide leveraging opportunities.
- Conduct commodity specific competitor and industry analysis to identify cost and create benchmarks.
- Compile, generate and disseminate various key performance indicators, reports, analysis, and tasks as assigned and/or required.
- Analyze and control supplier’ s production schedule and stocking programs to ensure a timely flow of materials to production to meet customer schedules.
- Utilize analytical concepts and tools to identify issues, resolve problems, and support supply chain planning metrics.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Supply Chain or equivalent experience sourcing and planning mechanical commodities preferably in an automotive, industrial, or off road industry; advanced degree in engineering or business is a plus
- 5-10 years of experience working in international Supply Chain sourcing and planning