Quality Auditor/Engineer - Class A
3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Chattanooga, TN 37421
Ensure customer quality requirements for Class A surface parts to reach internal / external goals and objectives, by conducting inspection activities to determine conformity to processes and products requirements at defined intervals.
- Check parts according to current checking instruction in press shop, and in case of suspect and/or nonconformities within the press run, notify press technician, press line inspectors and document issues
- First, middle, last piece inspection for release and verification of press run.
- Offline surface inspection of class A parts.
- Perform all required dimensional checks on press parts and assembly parts.
- Perform all required surface checks for press parts and assembly parts
- Check parts visual for process and material defects (e.g. splits, burrs, waves, dents, scratches, lamination, dross, etc.).
- Create reference master part samples for current press run.
- Document inspection information into CAQ-system (QDA 8)
- Update checking instructions and Q.-documentation (update for external / internals complaints)
- Create shift reports (scrap, rework, countermeasures for defects) and distribute to quality / production supervisor and managers.
- Update part history sheet.
- Train press line inspectors and resp. line technician about part history before press run.
- Investigate internal / external customer complaints at the line, WIP, finished goods immediately and report findings to quality / production supervisor and managers.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum (2) years’ experience in Manufacturing, Automotive industry preferred
- Quality Inspection experience, Class A experience (i.e. surface audit) preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and ISO14001 Quality Management Systems documents.
- Comfortable using a tablet and Microsoft office software.
- Knowledge of methods for surface evaluation (sanding, stoning, highlighting of surfaces).
- Material testing (tensile testing, thinning analysis, circle grid analysis, roughness testing, zinc coating and oil coating testing) knowledge.
- Rework basic skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of process description for nonconforming parts and containment process.