3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Chattanooga, TN 37421
To provide guidance and direction with respect to product quality during the manufacturing of robotically mig welded assemblies by direct communication with production, engineering, tooling, maintenance and quality personnel. Also follow, monitor, and resolve quality issues directly with customer when necessary.
- Monitor and maintain the quality level of product.
- Use various tools, fixtures, measurement devices to analyze functionality of product.
- Recognize and disposition of product requiring sort, rework or scrap based on customer specifications.
- Document and complete required checks utilizing electronic or hard copy means to record product status.
- Manage product containment activity when necessary and determine clean points with operational assistance.
- Advise operators, supervision on current and historical part quality and acceptability.
- Conduct fixture checks and perform first, middle and last checks on parts.
- Manage quality of assigned assembly line.
- Follow control plan.
- Analyze data collected as well as cut & etch results and provide information to supervisor.
- Follow up on corrective action for NCM’ s and VPIN’ s.
- Work for resolution to customer complaints and communicate accordingly.
- Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule.
- Participation in the Internal ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO 9001/IATF 16949 internal auditors).
- Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO 9001/IATF 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
- Perform various other jobs as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment is required
- Must be a self-starter
- Must possess a great attention to detail