Senior Embedded Software Engineer
221 river street Atlanta, GA 07030
Our client, an industry leader in the home safety and security space, has a Senior Embedded Software Engineer opening on their team! The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will design and develop firmware, device drivers, and algorithms to deliver connected products from design to board bring-up to production.
- Analyze system requirements and plan and estimate development activities.
- Write clear and concise design specifications where applicable.
- Design and develop firmware/software for embedded products, debug existing software/firmware.
- Work closely with microprocessors, ARM-based processors, WiFi, BLE, integration with IoT cloud.
- Test firmware on hardware platform.
- Design new software modules and develop supporting documentation.
- Support product development plans (schedule, product costs, meeting design inputs).
- 5+ years embedded software development experience with commercial SoC products for high volume, high quality consumer electronics products.
- Deep understanding software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Fundamental facility with C/C++, build and source code control tools, and full lifecycle software development processes.
- Experience with boot firmware, device drivers, file systems, and memory management.
- Hands on experience with new system board bring up.
- Previous experience with kernel and device driver development and debugging.
- Understanding of TCP/IP suite of protocols.
- Prior experience working on 802.11 technologies or other wireless technologies and standards is desirable.
If you are interested in learning more about this role please apply to this ad!