Senior Process Engineer
2294 North Penn Road Hatfield, PA 19440
Provide technical expertise to lead the organization in process development and implementation of manufacturing processes of Surface Mount (SMT), Through Hole (THT) printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA’ s), BGA Reball and Solder Conversion in order to drive continuous process improvements.
- Creates and investigates alternative solutions to meet the producibility requirements. Serves as a program consultant for producibility of the design/build concepts.
- Establishes robust, repeatable and reproducible process parameters and process controls.
- Assigns cost analysis criteria to projects and determine potential cost savings on a project by project basis.
- Hands-on problem solver that is able to collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, demonstrate the ability to determine critical parameters and develop process controls.
- Leads team in selecting, implementing, and maintaining efficient manufacturing equipment and procedures.
- Provides leadership in customer quality and efficiency efforts by directing support teams to improve cycle times and reduce defects.
- Determines and specifies the most economic methods, operation sequence and tooling for component modifications such as lead attach, trim and form, BGA reball and solder conversion.
- Provides technical guidance to Operations, assists supervisors on new techniques and assists in the determination of root causes of rejected parts and their disposition. Ensures root cause analysis translates into process improvements.
- Coordinates with customers to determine product specifications and design changes and offer value added solutions to customers.
- Acts as a mentor to tool designers and technicians in various projects and responsibilities.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- BS Engineering in Mechanical or other engineering discipline.
- 7 years demonstrated experience in SMT process engineering.
- Experience with J-STD-001 Class 3 with Space Addendum or IPC-A-610 Class 3 requirements.
- Experience installing and reworking ball grid array, ceramic column grid array and bottom terminated components to J-STD-001 Class 3 or IPC-A-310 Class 3 requirements.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly drawings and technical notes.
- Demonstrated ability with technical writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with CAD software tools, Microsoft Office and ERP system.