Senior Purchasing Director
201 Mittel Dr. Wood Dale, IL 60191
The Senior Purchasing Director manages the commodity managers and purchasing directors and leads the commodity management team for one of our clients in the Automotive industry. This individual will coordinate the integrated long-term and tactical process of supply management activities including inventory control, supplier performance, and supplier selection. The senior purchasing director is also in charge of the cost reduction roadmap for our client. Work involves partnering with suppliers, procurement, materials management, and quality to execute risk mitigation strategies across the supply base which results in the successful movement of product from suppliers to our customers.
- Support specific projects/initiatives aimed at improving Supply Chain costs and actively cultivate strong relationships with internal groups, manufacturers, and suppliers to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Perform and manage all supply chain engineering related activities ensuring uninterrupted and cost-effective supply of products and components while supporting the attainment of short and long term strategic supply chain goals.
- Develop and implement worldwide strategies which will provide superior components and provide improved internal customer service levels while minimizing risk at the best cost possible.
- Implement sourcing strategies to ensure worldwide supplier quality, delivery, lead time, inventory and cost performance goals are met for the commodity management team
- Work with Global Quality Team to solve worldwide supplier quality problems and improve worldwide leveraging opportunities.
- Identify research and implement new materials and manufacturing technologies.
- Conduct commodity specific competitor and industry analysis to identify cost and create benchmarks.
- Compile, generate and disseminate various key performance indicators, reports, analysis, and tasks as assigned and/or required.
- Analyze and control suppliers’ production schedules and stocking programs to ensure a timely flow of materials to production to meet customer schedules.
- Utilize analytical concepts and tools to identify issues, resolve problems, and support supply chain planning metrics.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering or Business with a Master’ s Degree in Business preferred
- Experience sourcing mechanical commodities preferably in an automotive related industry
- Experience in leading teams with a diverse background
- 10+ years experience working in international Supply Chain sourcing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Confident leadership ability is required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Proactive attitude and high level of self-motivation required
- Advanced computer skills working with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems, especially Microsoft Excel
- Expert level knowledge of market drivers and manufacturing techniques
- Strong analytical skills; capable of collecting, assimilating and synthesizing planning data and converting it into relevant business information.
- Ability to multitask within demanding timelines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels within the organization.