Senior Quality Engineer
3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Mason, MI 48084
The Quality Engineer is responsible for analyzing, testing, and validating data to determine whether systems or processes have met validation criteria or to identify root causes of production problems; knows product characteristics and/or customer requirements; and performs testing and implementation with affected departments and personnel.
The Quality Engineer must provide subject matter expertise in categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events; and being able to analyze data to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts using formal quality systems tools.
- Identify and contain quality spills, defects, and sorts so that defective or suspect material is prevented from reaching the customer.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources to analyze quality issues.
- Take proactive approach in preventing quality issues; work collaboratively with other departments to take preventive actions to avoid quality issues.
- Responsible to create and maintain on the floor production books with latest versions of work instructions, quality alerts, and other documents of the plant. data relevant to quality.
- Respond immediately to customer concerns and take any and all appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Create, populate, or maintain databases for tracking metrics, validation activities, test results, or validated systems.
- Prepare validation or performance qualification protocols for new or modified manufacturing processes and systems.
- Responsible for managing the Quality alert process, ensuring information is disseminated to all areas of the organization needing to be informed, and following up to make sure issues are fully resolved.
- Responsible for audit preparation activities and attending audits as required.
- Responsible for attending all meetings and other activities as required.
- Participate in a teamwork atmosphere and contribute to various continuous improvement projects and processes.
- Communicate with Supervisors, peers, or other employees.
- Responsible for computing and compiling data and to present data in various forms for recording, reporting, and presenting; daily, weekly, monthly or as needed.
- Track, enter, monitor and receive information from customer scorecards, portals, and other outlets.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, other Engineering, or related discipline is required. (7 years of directly related experience /CQE will be accepted in lieu of degree. )
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer or other ASQ designation) is strongly preferred. Six Sigma greenbelt or higher a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in an automotive supplier facility or closely related manufacturing environment.
- Must have advanced skills in MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; must be proficient in email and company and customer databases, websites, and other electronic mediums needed for the position.
- In depth knowledge of quality systems, policies and procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge to the interpretation of customer requirements.
- Must have deep knowledge of the quality systems required in automotive, specifically, TS 16949, ISO14001, and various customer quality standards (Ford Q1, VDA, etc.).
- Expert-level knowledge of quality tools such as Process Capability, Problem Solving, 8-D, FMEA, SPC, etc.
- Must be receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Understanding of the manufacturing environment.
- Math skills: calculate figures and amounts using whole numbers and decimals.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 25% is essential.