Smart Surfaces Electronic Systems Engineer
2800 High Meadow Circle Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Our client designs, engineers and provides the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, our client has a career for you.
Our client is looking for a Smart Surfaces Electronic Systems Engineer for its Technical Center at Auburn Hills, Michigan. The EE System Engineer is Managing the requirements and supporting the customer by making links between skills (mainly Hardware/Software but also Mechanics and Optics). He/she applies Group standards following our client’ s Excellence System and uses their Program Management System (PMS) to ensure design robustness.
- Customers system engineering interface for EE
- Manage requirements (including Safety) and features list (Customers / Internal / Manufacturing / Legal)
- Create and manage specification traceability.
- Perform Functional Analysis with the development team.
- EE Architecture definition
- Support Product DFMEA
- Interact with manufacturing to define process flow
- Define and complete DV & PV plans.
- Ensure PPAP is completed.
Regarding the complexity of the program, the ideal candidate must already had strong past experience in HW or SW development and will have/be, in addition to strong ability & interest for international scope:
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering. Master’ s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in Design & Development (HW and/or SW) within industrial environment, manufacturing experience appreciated.
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management process
- Strong Communication skills & Capacity to interact with top management
- Knowledge of OEM customer relations in programs
- Ability to conduct change management with the right leadership competencies: active listening, motivating others, agility, drive for results.
- Entrepreneurship and energy oriented
- Scientific approach (6 sigma, etc).
- Design to cost approach.
- Standard PC software knowledge (MS Office, etc.) and comfortable with digital tools.
- Intercultural and open mindset, overseas experience is a plus.
- Minimum bi-lingual (English required). French a plus.