Smart Surfaces Product Development Leader
2800 High Meadow Circle Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Our client designs, engineers and provides the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, our client has a career for you.
Our client is looking for a Smart Surfaces Product Development Leader for its Technical Center at Auburn Hills, Michigan. The Smart Surfaces Product Development Leader is responsible for the being the leader for the development project within Smart Surface initiative.
- Manage customer communication starting from RFI
- Build the internal engineering schedule to match with the customer master schedule and industrialization / purchasing constraints.
- Technical follow-up of the product development:
- Lead the technical development team.
- Establish and manage the bill of materials.
- Make the functional analysis, develop the DFMEA and complete the action plan, support the PFMEA, and define the key characteristics.
- Lead product definition (completion of CAD) completed by Design Leader and development to ensure compliance to requirements (acceptance of customer product specification including geometry convergence
- Technical risks assessments.
- Customer expectations identification (specs, performance, etc.)
- Ensure the feasibility of the process with proof of concept & prototype tooling
- CAE simulations activities follow-up (product performances and rheology)
- Liaise with industrial engineer so that product and process characteristics are under control when production is launched.
- Manage Bought Out Parts (BOP) definition and ensure technical integration of suppliers,
- Coordinate technical management of tool suppliers relying on process/tool engineers and experts.
- Capitalize experience on the development through lessons learnt process
- Define and complete DV & PV plans.
- Ensure PPAP is completed.
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering. Master’ s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in Design & Development within industrial environment, manufacturing experience appreciated.
- Understanding of interface of different customer departments: materials, system experts, programs, purchasing.
- Understanding of customer program timings (phases, deliverables).
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management process.
- Knowledge in sprayed coating, electronic, film over molding, airflow and optical bonding a plus
- Open mindset for unknown technologies.
- Strong Communication skills & Capacity to interact with top management.
- Knowledge of OEM customer relations in programs.
- Ability to conduct change management with the right leadership competencies: active listening, motivating others, agility, drive for results.
- Entrepreneurship and energy oriented
- Scientific approach (6 sigma, etc).
- Design to cost approach.
- Standard PC software knowledge (MS Office, etc.) and comfortable with digital tools.
- Intercultural and open mindset, overseas experience is a plus.