Strategic Commodity Lead Buyer
305 Gregson Dr. Auburn Hills, MI 27511
Our manufacturing client is seeking a Strategic Commodity Lead Buyer for its Auburn Hills, MI location. This role is responsible for timely and cost-effective project procurement of quality materials, supplies and resources. It also includes coordinating with associated groups and leading the resolution of supply chain and logistics challenges and constraints. Under general direction, procure goods and services typically involving financial commitments or technical complexities. Negotiate best cost, terms and conditions consistent with the Company' s established quality standards and business requirements. Reviews and ensures that contracts and agreements contain the necessary clauses to hold suppliers accountable to perform and meet their obligations.
Request supplier quotations, prepare bid tabulations and select lowest qualified bid. Negotiate agreements with suppliers to obtain best terms and conditions for the Company. Issue purchase orders and supplements in accordance with established policies and procedures. Negotiate and issue blanket/open purchase orders for repetitive-type requirements.
- Conduct in-depth evaluations of supplier performance, including product quality and voluntary compliance with schedule commitments. As appropriate, recommend alternative sources of supply to minimize problems.
- Enforce terms and conditions of purchase orders, and compliance with legal requirements and Company policy. Resolve non-conformance issues, back-charges and claims in a timely manner to minimize the Company' s exposure. Review questionable situations and interact with other groups to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strive for continuous improvement in such matters as sourcing cycle time, on time delivery, cost, technology and quality. Maintain supplier qualifications and associated supply management databases. Search for and recommend changes, such as utilization of new technologies and other measures to achieve operating efficiencies and increase customer satisfaction. May provide technical assistance to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Buyer in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and enforcing contract terms
- Understanding of complex drawings and specifications, contract law, commercial terms, standard procurement procedures
- Ability to quickly respond to unforeseen developments and take action to reduce adverse impact
- Strong ability to interact and partner with internal groups and stakeholders.
- Interact, report and participate in global sourcing strategies. Visit and support vendor assessments domestic and international as needed.
- Adapts verbal/written communication style to have the greatest impact on a given audience
- Change-agent with a good knowledge of organizational development