Systems Quality Engineer
3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Mason, MI 48084
The Quality Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring QMS processes are established, standardized, implemented, and maintained. The QSE will oversee compliance to Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and other documented processes, and own the plant audit process.
- Monitor, update, and keep current the QMS, including work instructions, documents, and records.
- Manage the audit process to assist plant leadership with QMS processes and improvements.
- Build and audit protocols and conduct periodic internal audits.
- Provide reports and assistance with performance of QMS to the Plant leadership.
- Promote and assist problem solving capabilities ensuring identification of root cause.
- Provide training and support on TS-16949, ISO14001 and other audit instruments as needed.
- Assist with implementing the operator job books on the production floor.
- Lead internal training on Standard Operating Procedures and Environmental Operational Control
- Responsible for coordinating certification audits and ensuring the non-conformances derived from them are closed out 100%.
- Monitors and reports on how the Quality system is performing, which will include KPI’ s (Key Performance Indicators), countermeasures and tactical action tracking.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Engineering (other), or related discipline; OR 7 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing or coordinating a QMS system in an automotive supplier facility or closely related manufacturing environment.
- Certified Lead Quality System auditor a plus
- Proficient in the requirements of TS-16949, ISO14001 and the new IMF system a strong plus.
- Specific experience in QMS applications and principles, including: auditing techniques, problem-solving techniques;
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
- Must have knowledge of the quality systems required in automotive, specifically, TS 16949, ISO14001, and various customer quality standards (Ford Q1, VDA, etc.).
- Knowledge of quality tools such as Process Capability, Problem Solving, 8-D, FMEA, SPC, etc.
- Must be receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
- Track, enter, monitor and receive information from customer scorecards, portals, and other outlets.
- High level of communication skills, in writing, verbally and electronically.
- Attention to detail; ability to multitask; Adaptability
- High degree of integrity and personal ethics
- Cooperative; dependable; friendly, even-tempered and helpful to others; collaborative; team player
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency; self-motivation and initiative; laser focus on getting the job done.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed.