Technical Specialist - Electronics
1780 Pond Run Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Our client is interested in a Technical Specialist for Electronic systems to lead product development projects; define design guidelines; standardize PCB design and software development. This role will participate and lead in the design of electronic control modules. The specific technical responsibilities vary by project; however, utilizing all electrical engineering fundamentals. The candidate should have deep knowledge on Electronics Engineering and Embedded Software Programing. Technical Specialists are also responsible for conducting formal design reviews, debugging open program issues and mentor other hardware/software engineers. The requirements for the Technical Specialist are but not limited to the following:
- Subject Matter Expert with applied knowledge in design, analysis and validation of Electronics, Electrical and Mechatronics Systems.
- Applied knowledge in the areas of Power Electronics, Electrical Circuit and detailed PCB design for Mechatronics actuators in Automotive Applications.
- Understanding of Controls and Mechanical Systems is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced analytical approaches for Model-based Design, FEA methods and simulation tools.
- Responsible to develop product guidelines, best practices, de-bug and problem solve critical issues as a domain specific Subject Matter Expert.
- Design, develop and test electrical and electronic systems including analog and digital electronic circuits, circuit board layout, vehicle control and fault logic, and vehicle systems monitoring.
- Other responsibilities include monitoring electronics manufacture processes, drafting checkout procedures, preparing engineering documentation for release, board support level software, and design verification testing including environmental testing.
- Review and approve for definition, verification and validation of circuit designs and software architecture as defined by Systems Specifications.
- Lead a team of engineers to conduct detailed Design Reviews, Worse Case Circuit (WCA) analysis to deliver robust actuator designs.
- Lead and review suppliers to investigate next generation solutions to support smaller, less expensive, reliable and innovative designs.
- Provide direction to generate optimal technical solutions for advanced reliability, manufacturing and testing to the Engineering personnel for design issues
- Assuring Systems Engineering DOORS requirements and specifications are congruent with SOR and product’ s performance.
- Maintains the Bill of Design (BOD) for mechatronic systems
- Ensure lessons learned comprehend in DOORS, SOR and BOD.
- Team oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate design and development activities with resources across global teams from multiple regions.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Bachelor' s Degree in Electrical/Computer Science Engineering (Master' s Degree is preferred)
- Experience – five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience. Additional education can be substituted for experience
- APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, DFSS (certified)
- PTC Mathcad, MATLAB, Minitab
- Altium / Mentor Graphics Designer
- Altium spice simulation; Mentor Graphics Xpedition, Hyperlynx; PSpice
- IBM Rational DOORS
- Disciplined use of CMMI and Automotive SPICE process
- MISRA C, ISO 26262 and AUTOSAR standards
- EMC experience (CST, Signal integrity)
- Automotive microcontrollers i.e. Freescale, Infineon and Renesas