Tool & Die Maker
3063 Hickory Valley Rd. Chattanooga, TN 37421
Our automotive manufacturing client in Chattanooga, TN is currently seeking experienced Tool & Die Makers for all shifts. These individuals will be responsible for performing planned and unplanned maintenance to stamping dies, as well as analysis, diagnosis and correction of faults (mechanical, electrical, formability) to improve performance and availability of production lines.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Autonomously diagnose and correct Class A defects, specifically draw ability, surface and dimensions.
- Document all changes made to tools and production parameters.
- Troubleshoot production defects and eliminate all possible causes for production downtime.
- Execution of engineering changes and improvements in the tools for customer complaints.
- Maintain a safe work practice by observing safely procedures and practices.
- Utilize the work order system (SAP), including capture and print of work orders and posting progress daily.
- Use and safe handling of cranes, machines, and basic tools to transport dies to Line Workshop daily.
Qualifications for consideration include:
- USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’ s Card or proof of (3) years related experience.
- Minimum (1) year of experience trouble shooting in a Class A Plant.
- Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
- Experience in a Die Build Facility a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position that requires a daily presence in Chattanooga, TN. If you interested in being considered, please submit your current resume today!
Greg has spent the past 20 years connecting clients across the US and Europe with the IT talent they need to accomplish their goals. While his primary focus has included Cisco and other infrastructure technologies, he has filled positions across the entire spectrum of technology. Greg has been married to his wife, Nancy, for 19 years and has two sons, age 11 and 13. Outside of recruiting, Greg’s hobbies include triathlons, managing youth soccer and watching the Cubs.